Wednesday, February 9, 2011

ERIC CARLE is the MAN!

Eric Carle is one of my favorite Author/Illustrators so we love to learn about him and read his books in the first grade. He really is amazing!

We have to make caterpillars after reading THE VERY HUNGRY CATERPILLAR
We also make a caterpillar cake because well...who doesn't love cake?


Eric Carle has written a ton of books!
Here are some that we really enjoyed
  • The Foolish Tortoise
  • The Little Cloud
  • The Very Clumsy Click Beetle
  • The Very Quiet Cricket
  • The Grouchy Ladybug
  • The Tiny Seed
  • Rooster's Off to see the World
  • Walter the Baker
  • Have You Seen My Cat?
  • The Mixed Up Chameleon
Eric Carle also is the illustrator of Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?

I would love to visit the Eric Carle Museum someday!

Click below to check it out

I was so excited and surprised when I had to google something on his birthday and saw this


I would love to know if you study Eric Carle
and some of the activities your class
does!

4 comments:

  1. This is what I remember you doing when I came to your classroom last year! You are so creative! Keep the ideas coming!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love studying Eric Carle, his art work is so unique and colorful! We do lots of other activities as well. I think one of my favorites is when we make caterpillars and butterflies. We use black construction paper and brightly colored tissue paper. The kids tear the paper into strips and pieces and glue them on the black paper to make either a caterpillar or a butterfly. They really POP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog! I'm jealous you get to paint your classroom.
    Your caterpillar cake cracks me up! That is too cute!

    http://teachinghappilyeverafter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I visited his museum four years ago! Fun!!

    ReplyDelete